Well hello and welcome from sunny Palm Springs. Katie and Naomi have taken the tough decision to fore-go a Summer holiday in exchange for a working holiday at Dinah Shore in Palm Springs. It is a hard life!
Our aim is to give you an insight into this festival; break down the barriers and let you know what to expect as a Brit going to The Dinah.
This is our ongoing review of Dinah Shore. Not sure what Dinah Shore is about? Want to get a bit of an inside view of the whole week? Your wish is our command!
We will be publishing photos and updates on Facebook (#thedinah14) and Twitter (@planetlondon and @dinahshore) all week and also posting the occasional video blog in here; so bookmark this page until 10 April and catch our daily digest.
Check out our photos so far here: http://on.fb.me/QIuTZQ
Day 1 - Wednesday 2 April
Meet and Greet, 8pm-12am
Day 2 - Thursday 3 April
- Comedy with Fortune Feimster, Erin Foley, Gina Yashere and hosted by Suzanne Westenhoefer, 8pm
"A mellow and hilarious kick off to The Dinah begins with the Thursday night comedy affair at the Palm Springs Convention Centre. It's not often we get treated to an all-female, nay, all-lesbian quality comic line up". Read our review of the Comedy Night here.
- Opening Party @ Zeldaz, 9pm
Day 3 - Friday 4 April
- TGIDF Pool Party hosted by AfterEllen.com, 12pm - will include performance by Evelyn Champagne King
- Film Festival Premiere in association with OML, 7pm
- White Party presented by Curve Magazine, 8pm - will include red carpet arrivals and concert from Iggy Azalea
- EXCLUSIVE Red Carpet Audio interviews with: Gina Yashere, Fortune Feimster, Nicole Pacent, Marnie Alton, Tracy Ryerson & Jill Bennett
Day 3 Blog:
Day 4 - Saturday 5 April
- The L Word Pool Party, 12pm - including L Word mingle with Kate Moennig, Leisha Hailey @ Hilton & Laurel Holloman exhibiting her artwork all day
- Exclusive Behind the Scenes L Word reunion:
- Hunter Valentine concert, 5pm
"In the heat of Saturday afternoon and a maxed-to-capacity pool party, Hunter Valentine moshed up the poolside, turning up the heat in their leathers as they rocked the stage with explosive head banging tunes and one exclusive first play of their newest track. "
- Tegan & Sarah concert, 8pm
"Tegan and Sara wowed fans with an accomplished set of some of their best known songs."
- Official Club Skirtz Dinah Shore interview with Tegan & Sara
- Black Party Red Carpet interviews with Hunter Valentine, Chef K, Nicole Pacent, Mary Lambert, Jill Bennett, Tegan & Sara & Kate Moennig:
Day 5 - Sunday 6 April
- Wet and Wild Pool Party @ Hilton including Laurel Holloman exhibiting her artwork all day
- Additional L Word Meet and Greet @ Hilton with Kate & Leisha
- Go Retro Pool Party, 12pm - 5pm
- Mary Lambert concert, 5pm @ Hilton"Mary Lambert stole the Sunday for many at the Sunday Hilton Pool Party. Following fresh from her Same Love success (with Macklemore and Ryan), Lambert gave a spine-tingling, goosebump inducing set in some 80 degree heat." Full music review
- Closing Party presented by GoMag @ Zeldaz, 8pm
- Thea Austen performance @ Zeldaz, 11pm
- Final daily Vlog